Here are 10 light-hearted beliefs Brad Ferguson, president and chief executive officer, Edmonton Economic Development Corporation, thinks will help determine your fit and readiness:
- Working 12 hours a day is a great start to any morning.
- Market research is simply a fancy expression for talking with your neighbour.
- You should be paid a monthly salary at least once a year.
- Two hours of uninterrupted sleep is much preferred to eight hours of sleep interrupted by a cash flow nightmare.
- When people call your idea crazy, it is they who clearly have no understanding of what the world actually needs.
- All continuing education courses should be provided by way of three-minute You Tube videos.
- A reasonable work-life balance can only be achieved when you spend 100 per cent of your time on work.
- Your vision has been clearly communicated, no matter how many times people ask for it to be re-articulated.
- Your spouse will provide unconditional love and support, especially when CRA starts calling your home number.
- If all goes bad and life gives you lemons, you’ll quickly be able to find someone with a bottle of rum and make magic.
Extracted from the Alberta School of Business Fall 2015 Magazine